Friday 17 September 2010

The Courage Door

One door opens, another one closes. I’ve heard that a few times in the last decade. Particularly when it comes to the door that gets shut in your face, most unexpectedly.
I found it refreshing today listening to a person speak about dullness. Living an entirety of rigidity. Routine simple. Same story. Day in, day out.  The sameness. Nothing changes. Everyday.
Got me thinking about a movie I’d seen some years ago called Sliding Doors. How in a moment your life can change direction completely. Without you even knowing it.
Yet there are instances where one may be afraid to open that door to change. The chance occasion presents itself, yet comfort prevails due to the simplicity of life and the moment passes. Lost. Nothing is different. Nothing changes.
Made me think of the following:

The Serenity Prayer:
God, grant me the serenity
 to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

"What if" circulates in my vocabulary. Momentary lapses of judgement sound unheard. I think again about that Living Life to its Fullest prologue and contemplate the opportunity for freedom that exists. Anytime we want, we can open the door and walk straight into a new life, a change, an opportunity of abundance.
I've decided I'm calling that The Courage Door.

No comments: