Friday 13 January 2012

Random Conversations


The bike is a getter. I’m cruising along this morning and this guy pulls up beside me on his rollerblades (only in Vancouver).
“I rode across Canada last summer, you should do it,” he says.
Like, how did he know that was on my bucket list?
So random.
We chat, he says he’s not sure what to do next. I suggest Europe. France, Italy (also on my bucket list).
Then he tells me about a web site that some pals who he rode with talked about. Waterscape. Cycling routes along canals and waterways in Great Britian.
Now that’d be cool.
My mind got meandering. I’d heard on the radio this morning the regrets people have on their death-beds. Like working too hard. Not enough time with friends. Not living their dreams. 
Too many nots.
Only yesterday a friend of a friend’s committed suicide.
How life can change in the wink of an eye.
So for the remainder of my roll to school I tried to hatch a plan on how to use my learned school skills in Electronic Media Design - upon graduation, and create a job to get paid to do what I love. Engage and inspire others, by riding my bike across Canada.
All sparked by a random conversation.
So random.

No comments: