Friday 15 June 2012

Ready to RIDE!

Thank you to all who have donated to my Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer (go ahead and donate if you haven't and want to!). 

I am amped and ready to roll!!!

My bicycle's chain is greased and my tires are pumped (my rubber is a little scarred so could you ask the Universe to save the flats for when I get home!).

By the way, my bike's name is Rosea. She's a red DeVinci Silverstone II. I've asked her to keep me safe for the weekend, to which she has already complied!

Big shout out to Hillary for volunteering to pick me up tomorrow at 4:45am!!! and drive me to the start! What a trooper. I am SO GRATEFUL!! Yes it's Vancouver to Seattle, starting in Surrey!

I am riding the Challenge Course which is 160km a day!

My phone will be shut off for the entire weekend and I won't have my computer - will post to my blog when I'm back.

We know about the rain. I'm packing Hot Shots (thanks Hora Li and a happy smiling face. At least the temperatures will be warm.

Be nice to roll around somewhere I've never been.
With all of you, your friends, your family and all of the loved ones who we have lost or have been touched by Cancer - you are all in my heart and with me every single pedal stroke of the way.

Thank you for supporting this effort.
Smiles and hugs!
rollin' on... and on! and ...on!
Jane

No comments: