Friday 21 August 2009

Reno On and On and On...

When it comes to boats there are two things I have to say are true. Firstly, your work is never done (kinda like a house) and secondly, if you think something will take you "x" amount of time - remember to multiply that by two, then times it by three and add a a few weeks. About right?
July 6th I began an interior reno of the sailing vessel "King Cyrus." It's now August 21st. Yesterday I had friends remove the blue tape (thank goodness) from the deck head. But I'm still NOT DONE!
I haven't got to the quarter berth or the v-berth. I haven't done the insides of the lockers... I'm living in it and I'm STILL NOT DONE!
Overwhelmed, yes. Cause I have lots of other things going on and I can't work FULL TIME on boat renos! As much as I WISH I COULD!
Great friends and dear Uncle Leonard have been dropping by to help out here and there. Thankfully. Their support has helped with my sanity!
Thank goodness for dear Rose's calm words yesterday when I noticed the dimples in the bulkhead paint .... "just let it go... just let it go..." And we poked holes..
I know. Let it go. One day I'll be done. I have to just ... let go... and say, slow... is good.
I know. I know...

No comments: