Saturday 29 May 2010

Slow Down, Sit Down, Shut Down


Time. I always seem to be rushing. I get tired of rushing. I know I’m not alone. I used to like the weekends where you could get up when you felt like it and do whatever your heart wanted to. Whether that meant reading the paper in its entirety, going for a longer then usual workout - the best! Or taking the time to make a big brunch breakfast.
I’m envious of those that I know that wake up and meditate before anything else.
If I got myself out of bed earlier would I take the time? Twenty minutes minimum is all I need. It would be THE time in the day where I would clear the head and completely shut down.
My brain is thinking about tomorrow, today. Every minute of my day is accounted for. Down time isn’t on the agenda. Neither is doing the dishes or the laundry. There’s no time!
I read somewhere recently where a community of individuals were advocating for a 25 hour day. Now how would that be possible given the sun up to sun down time ticker?
I’m already late for getting the workout done and getting to work. Not to mention arranging for more volunteer duties. Before anything else tomorrow, will I make the time to slow down, sit down and shut down?
I’m going to try adding it into the agenda.

No comments: