Thursday 22 July 2010

The Flow

Don’t usually travel the same road twice. Like a river, I’ll run through it and keep going. Which is pretty much how I like my days to go. Wherever they may.
My youngest brother told me a story which I remind myself of every once in a while. You never know where the day will take you from the time you wake up.
He was up north somewhere on Vancouver Island. Seaside. Got up in the morning and put his Teva sandals on with his shorts and his shirt of course. Hung out on the boat and the next thing he knows he is being picked up by a buddy in another boat and they’re heading out to a log boom. They do some work around the boom and from there they make their way to land. A hike up a mountain to some cabin. Something like that. It was a while ago and the extent of the details have fogged up.
What made me think of this was the fact that from what he claimed, he did it all in his sandals. Had he known where he was going and what he was doing, he probably would not of worn them.
I am always open to meeting new people or hanging out with acquaintances. So rather then go home and dwell in my dullness tonight, I accepted an invitation to a pasta dinner from my pal Catherine after our track run workout. Before she knew it there were four around her dinner table. What a joy to talk, eat and hang out with people you know and have recently met.
Goes to show you. You just never know where a day will take you - if you let it.

No comments: