Saturday 14 August 2010

Money Rules


We’re born with nothing. When we die, we leave with nothing. How did the in-between get so muddled?
There’s this huge necessity for acquiring things and stuff. A car. A house with all that goes in it. The need for a vacation. Saving for retirement. Which adds up to financial pressure.
In the morning before I leave the boat I rub the Buddha’s belly. To remind myself to come back to the now and to put a smile on my face. Grateful for my health, my family and my friends. That’s what counts.
I grow tired listening to people complain about not having enough. Especially money.
Then I hear tales of survival in poverty pockets around the world. A woman who had to go to work so she could feed her children and tied her children to a tree because she didn’t have anyone to look after them.
Why does money rule? 

No comments: