Friday 22 October 2010

Life is Opportunity

Pretty sure when you ask anyone about destiny and what it means to them there’s going to be something about life in there. Living. Money. Health. Family. Career.
But all that can change in a heart beat.
I have a neighbour who brought that to light.
A few days ago I had the chance to chat with her. We met in line at the ferry terminal. She’d just returned from running a half marathon race in San Francisco and touring the region around. I felt so elated hearing of her accomplishment.  
Then she brought up her partner and the “C” word. Cancer. He’d recently been diagnosed. It is terminal.
I felt saddened, yet celebrated. She told me they planned to share their story in a blog. Their new journey of life. Planning trips. Living each day with hope. It’s called Rootin' For Ron.
When I think about the end of life, I recall those close to me whose spirits have passed. Not necessarily gone. They’ve moved on. But always in my heart.
Then I reflect on R&J and their voyage. To live each day to the fullest. With laughter and love. With hope.
Their new opportunity for life.

No comments: