Wednesday 19 January 2011

Peaks and Valleys

Wherever you go, there you are. Funny how that is. You bring it all with you.
Recently I’ve taken to dawdling. In the sake of self-pity I suppose. Head down, on the ground.
I’m still recovering from my visit to Africa. Where a chunk of my heart got left behind. Yes ouch!
Mostly I attempt to sweat it out. Makes me feel better. But some days it’s carbs and chocolate, tears and pain.
A pal lent me a book. Hoping it might put me straight. I slogged through it. I’ve been back a month. I finished it finally last night.
It’s relieved some sores I have to say. Pema Chodron’s, The Places That Scare You.
It definitely spread my mind. Brought on new thoughts. Grew me some compassion and how to reach it out. It also ambled me into the middle ground. The place of groundlessness.
A weight lifts now when I say to myself, “Keep opening your heart.”  
Yes, keep thy heart open. 
I then remind myself to live for the moment. The future is ahead. No use predicting. Just be open.
There’s the moon and the sun. 
The stars and the sea.
Like the peaks and the valleys.
Take your pick.

No comments: