Saturday 28 May 2011

One Step Forward


Didn’t realize I’d become so dependent on other people. Little things like opening the door for you. Holding the door open.
Buying groceries.
Doing laundry.
Driving a car.
Caring.
Loving.
Sympathy.
I need it.
It’s been since Sunday. I’m doing super good. Except for last night. I torqued my pelvis out so bad I thought I was back at square one.
This morning when I got up at the ungodly hour of 3 a.m., I wondered if I’d last the day.
Pretty much said it out loud by the time I got to Government Street and Belleville.
Then I was instructed to walk a block to where I needed to activate and appoint a Captain of a smozzle of volunteers I’d had to recruit for the start/finish area.
An angel appeared with a cushion and a chair.
Thankfully I didn’t have to man it long and was recruited to the plush office at Parkside for activating the Social Media.
My gosh. I barely got time to amble to the washroom to pea!
My 4pm when I looked up it dawned on me.
Who am I doing this for?
I hadn’t eaten. I didn’t really have anyone I could call.
I was stuck.
Yet, I pressed on until the blindness set in. Fuel was needed for the fire. Morphine for the pain.
I launched myself away. Away away.
And then again I said.
Who am I doing this for?
One step forward, three steps back.

1 comment:

Holistic Sailor said...

Jane, what dedication to the Tour de Victoria. You have tremendous drive and dedication. I hope that you are resting today. I saw some of the riders yesterday - a mixture of physical discomfort and triumph on their faces. Great job at inspriring others!