The best things in life are free.
Uncle Len said that today after we wheeled him outside the hospital for a breath of fresh air.
With the summer air and a small basket of breeze strolling through it was sure to be the best part of his day.
I reminisced on my sweet childhood memories of July:
- Weekend sleepovers at a friend’s farm.
- Waking up with the birds.
- Riding bareback on my horse through the corn fields.
- The beauty in the smell of summer all around.
- The scent of fresh cut grass.
- Roses in full bloom.
- Pancakes with maple syrup.
I also reflected on that great feeling after a long summer bike ride. To sit and savour. The moments of freedom. Feeling good. Feeling alive.
All - no charge.