Monday 24 October 2011

Super Woman Needs Super Man


I’d like to wave my magic wand and he’ll be there.
You’ve heard Super Woman. You know the one that does three jobs everyday but still manages to act positive and smile.
Underneath there’s not a shred of fear or signs of weakness on her sleeve. No choice but to carry on. Daily.
Suppose though. You’re done with being Super Woman.
You’d like the old school version of relationships where the man, takes care of the woman. Like taking out the garbage, fixing things that are broken. You know. That kinda stuff.
No more Super Woman watching “how to” You Tube videos or Google searches. Challenged to fix something broken when truly, she doesn’t even know how to read a volt meter.
Yup, you heard me a volt meter.
When I came home tonight with a list of things I needed to get done, boiling over batteries wasn’t on it. I admit. I had a meltdown.
I am done. So done. With being the man, me and the fixer.
Going to sleep tonight with a hot water bottle.
Look for Super Man in the morning.