Sunday 4 March 2012

Carving Time

Getting up at 5am is hard.
For me.
By 3pm I’m dizzy. By 5pm I’m awash.
There’s always more work to do.
But it seems as the weeks flow by, like the river running downstream. There’s no stopping time.
Training and working out time takes time.
I can’t stop thinking about June. Will I be ready? I want to enjoy the ride.
Today I heard from one of the organizers of the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer that there’s 2,500 feet of elevation gain on both days.
To which I replied (in my nervous voice), “What goes up must come down!”
Somewhere I read about the idea of developing a habit of doing side planks before every meal.
This got me thinking.
Workout goals for this week now include:
  • Morning workouts (no matter what).
  • Extra core at lunch – to include planks (during school).
  • Push-ups on breaks.
  • Gym (strength training) and a run Tuesday and Thursday.
  • Hill ride sufferfest Wednesday.
  • Bikram Yoga Monday and Friday (6am).
  • Long rides Saturday and Sunday.
  • Let’s see if I can fit it all in during the early mornings.
That way school and my part-time job during the week will also get 100%.
There’s also a few birthday parties to attend to on Saturday and Sunday.
Ah, carving out time...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget to carve out the time for calmness and meditation away from the exertions of your body. That's where true strength comes from. Good luck Jane!

A Fresh Thinker said...

Thank you. Yes. 20 minute meditations somewhere is a definite must. Appreciate the reminder.

Angela Hemming said...

Jesus. I'm tired just reading all that. You must be ripped.

A Fresh Thinker said...

Will be by June!