Wednesday 11 April 2012

Uganda Wishes Take One

Since I've been learning Final Cut Pro X at school I turned Uganda Wishes into my short documentary project. 
I've posted take one of Uganda Wishes to my VIMEO page.

Uganda Wishes from Jane Victoria King on Vimeo.
In November of 2010 I left Canada to spend six weeks in Africa.
I travelled to Uganda and volunteered at Mengo Hospital's HIV/AIDS clinic.
As a New Media Journalist I chose to document the HOPE of the people.
I asked for their wish for Uganda and for their wish for the World.
I called my journey there:
UGANDA WISHES

Let me know how it makes you feel and whether or not you'd be interested in volunteering at some point at the Mengo Hospital in Kampala, Uganda or in helping out locally with their fundraising efforts.
The need for support for the young HIV positive adolescents and for the Saturday Club is great. I have just learned this from two volunteers who returned last week.
Imagine being born HIV positive? 
As one of the interviewees said, "The children, they are innocent..."
All comments and feedback are most welcome. 
Sincerely,
Jane Victoria King

2 comments:

Angela Hemming said...

Jane - how about embedding the video into this blog post, so we don't have to click away?

A Fresh Thinker said...

Tried it it rejected it. Was it because I compressed it to MV4 do you think?
It's big I didn't try the MOV.
j