Tuesday 25 May 2010

A Double Egg Yolk Day

It cracked and out came two! With that my face saw a grin and I said to myself, “Today is going to be a good day.”
I likened the double egg yolk in the frying pan to be an omen of goodness. I’d already done my road ride, complete with some speed work. Not to brag or anything, but somehow I managed to cut off 11 minutes on my usual one hour length road ride (the turnaround point). So of course I had to ride farther. Hastened by the growl in the stomach, I made it back home in two hours, one minute and 27 seconds.
The rest of the day went splendidly. I worked as hard as I could for as long as my arms would let me. Today I was sanding old stripped varnish off of a wooden boat’s cap rails and hand rails. Sometimes bending over, occasionally on my back looking up and at times from my hands and knees. I was gagging in teak dust by the end of the day. Happy to make it home to jump in the shower and freshen up. Exhausted but with a good feeling of productivity. It must have been the eggs that kept me going!

No comments: