Tuesday 17 August 2010

To Love

There’s no template in my life for love.  A witness of solidarity. To love thyself. I sacrifice the past to selfless love and motherhood – oh and two failed marriages.
Had to rush out to see Eat Pray Love. The book took me a while. I did read to the end. It brought out the mirror. I could see myself there. A woman’s journey away from love - to love.
My boat rocks me back and forth. The Beat 94.5 FM on the radio. The dog in bed, fed, watered and soon asleep. I’m tired but I need to process where the movie took me.
I long for love. Yet, I claim my home isn’t receptive to it. I don’t have a v-birth with a double bed. There’s a mast in the middle.
Friends joke with me. I once posted my profile to Plenty of Fish with the headline, Have boat need balls.
Supposedly love surrounds. Passion hangs in the balance. It’s been eleven years since I’ve known it intimately. Somewhere it’s been said  ‘All good things come to those who wait.’
Well, I’m still waiting. Patiently.
To love.

2 comments:

Amy said...

LOVED this post, especially your ad. :-)

A Fresh Thinker said...

Thank you! Will have to give the ad another try sometime...