Sunday 22 January 2012

Lower LOVE

Spent two hours in the gym today.
It was miserable outside.
Started off with a spin on a stationary. Got to the fat burn heart rate, which for my age I guestimated to be 114.
Hung out for half an hour. Then hit the mat for some stretching, core, back and the dreaded push-ups.
Pretty pleased I had the time.
Got to the planks and concentrated solely and the flab in the mirror. Not the clock.
Going to get there. I am, I am.
Not like “Sam, I am.” Like I have a goal and I’m going to get there.
Weight Watchers On-Line to peel the bouncy stuff. Constant consultations with pals and those in the know for a training program.
Consistency. Consistency. Consistency.
Most importantly, making the time.
Went to the lower leg weight routine. I spun off some squats, lunges, presses, curls, calves and left the hip abductors to last.
I LOVE the hip abductor machine.
My hips scream at me after a long ride. I do Bikram Yoga to balance everything back out. Seems to work the best for me.
But this hip abductor machine.
We are going to be hanging out a lot.
LOVE working the lowers.
With weights that is.

N.B. Since searching more information on the hip abductor machine on-line, I've since learned the hip abductor exercises are better done standing up with rubber bands. Less strain to the spine.

No comments: