When it comes to setting goals what do you think the hardest part is for most people?
In a recent conversation by email, a friend wrote something to me to the effect of, “Well, you don’t strike me as someone who lets obstacles get in your way…”
My immediate reply was, “The only obstacles are in your mind.”
Take fear. Nine out of ten times fear strikes you from within. Sure there may be external forces at play too, but generally speaking - fear is created in your mind.
For 2011 I’m setting some lofty goals:
- Live healthily so I can help others. Health is wealth.
- Exercise longer, more frequently and encourage others to as well.
- Practice gratitude - daily.
- Follow my heart, no matter what. Dad used to say, “Do what you like, but like what you do.”
- Think/dream big - outside the box. Live it.
- Nourish the soul with creativity and encourage others to as well.
- Practice self-love and self-care often. Teach others.
- Be open to receiving. Love and be loved.
- Take daily doses of inspiration and share it.
- Make a difference through words and pictures - A Fresh Thinker.
- Activate People and Purpose - worldwide.
- Donate blood.
- Explore the unknowns.
- Learn more.
- Blog sustainably.
- Work with OWN.
- Activate a TED Talk.
- Review goals often.
- Smile, so others will too.
- Be. Be me. The best that I can be.
Over to you now... hint: remove the fear by creating a clear and believable path in your mind. You CAN do anything.
Good luck and remember to be patient.